Scottish Borders Council (SBC) are beginning the process of preparing their next Local Development Plan. The first stage of the process is to prepare what is known as a Main Issues Report, which will set out the important issues for consideration which will then be fed into the proposed plan for the area.
SBC has been taking forward a number of engagement initiatives throughout the local authority area and the next step is to hold drop-in and workshop sessions that can provide useful input into the content and form the Main Issues Report.
There will be a number of drop-in sessions and workshops being held throughout the council boundary which will be held on:
- Thursday 21st of September @ Eyemouth Community Centre
- Tuesday 26th of September @ Kelso Town Hall
- Wednesday 27th of September @ Tesco Foyer, Galashiels (Drop-in session)
- Wednesday 27th of September @ Galashiels Transport Interchange (Workshop session)
- Thursday 28th of September @ Peebles Burgh Hall
- Tuesday 3rd of October @ Hawick Heritage Hub
- Thursday 5th of October @ Duns Council Chamber
- Tuesday 10th of October @ Pop-up shop, 1 Tower Street, Selkirk (Drop-in session)
- Tuesday 10th of October @ Community Connections, Back Row, Selkirk (Workshop session)
- Thursday 12th of October @ Council Chamber, Newtown Street, St Boswells (Workshop session 2-4pm)
Unless otherwise stated, the drop in sessions will run from 2-5pm with workshops being held from 6pm. It is expected that each of these sessions will support up to 30 participants and will last about 2 hours therefore, if you wish to attend one of these please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address.
I would encourage as many people as possible to attend the workshops and drop-in sessions provided as I strongly believe that it’s important that you have an input on how your community is shaped.