If someone you know or care about is diagnosed with cancer, Maggie’s can help you. Maggie’s Centres are on hospital grounds, a warm, welcoming place where you can meet and talk to people who are going through the same things as you. At the centre you can also find support groups specific to your needs and get advice and information from their professional staff.
Their cancer support includes:
- Cancer and treatment information
- Cancer specific support groups
- Help with understanding and claiming benefits
- Support for family and friends
- Bereavement support
- Relaxation and stress management
Maggie’s can help you make positive changes to your lifestyle. Their psychological and emotional support has been shown to reduce anxiety and depression. All of their support is free so you don’t need to pay or book an appointment.
To find out more about Maggie’s, please visit their website.